30th Khseerabdhi Dwadasi Tulasi Damodara Kalyana Vaibhavam
Tuesday, the 4th November 2014 between 4.45 and 8.00 pm in INFOSYS Hall, Sri Ramakrishna Hr. Sec. School, Chennai 600017. By Sanjeevini Peetam, Chennai.
PRELUDEMathaji’s Global friend- Lord Hanuman chilled the hot Chennai with heavy showers on two previous days and made the Hall a naturally air-conditioned one so that it was a cool, eventful and unforgettable vaibhav – the 30th annual program of Tulasi Damodara Kalyanam conducted by Sanjeevini Peetam headed by Mathaji Kanya Kumari.
August gathering: More than 550 devotees were fortunate to participate in this program. They were received with folded hands by the committee members near the entrance. Committee members placed the Thiru Namam on the forehead of the devotees with sindhooram. Devotees occupied their places well ahead of time so that the event started on time at 4.45p.m.
Lord Hanuman’s arrival: Mathaji moved to the main entrance. As Mr. Krishnamoorthy Bhagavathar chanted Veda Manthram and the working committee members the Hanuman Chalisa, Mathaji brought the statue of Lord Hanuman carrying over her head with Poorna Kumba swagatham and placed on the already decorated stage with Lord Krishna and Tulasi Matha adorned with silk dresses. Her daughter Lavanya’s designing the stage added beauty to it.
3. Samuhika Tulasi Archana: The working committee member read the summary in tamil the vaibhav to be conducted so that there is clarity among devotees. He also described the arrangements to be made by each baktha in front of them for the archana. Exactly at 5.25p.m., the archana was begun by the Bhagavathar chanting Astothram of Tulasi and was ended with the Akanda Haarathi at 6.00p.m. All bakthas did Tulasi pooja to the Tulasi plant given the Peetam with high concentration and allegiance.
4. Tulasi Damodhara Kalyanam:The archana was followed by the Tulasi Damodhara Kalyana performed in a dual way by Mathaji and Bhagavathar. It was done in a religious and orderly way with all commitment and dedication. Devotees were engrossed in this divinely event. The vaibhav ended with Mangalya dharana to Tulasi Matha by Lord Krishna in a serene atmosphere with great obedience by Bhagavathar and Mathaji. Wearing of Bashikam to Lord Krishna and Tulasi Matha, Gold and Silver crossbelts to Lord, chanting of veda on the eve of wedding, Fixing the Jilakara Bellum (the uniqueness and important procedure traditionally followed in any wedding in South India) on the crown of Lord, Mangalya Dharana to Tualsi Matha, Thalam bralu (offering akshathalu to the crown – a symbolic message of the completion of wedding) and Akanda Haarathi shown to God and Goddess by Mathaji were green memories of the Vaibhav.
5. Discourse by Swamiji: At 7.20p.m., Swami Bhaktha Vrathananda participated representing Sri Ramakrishna Mutt. He was received with honor, and he then made a brief discourse on the Kalyana vaibhav, before Mangalya dharana. He appreciated the excellent arrangements made by Sanjeevini Peetam and thanked Mathaji for performing such a rarest of rare program.
6. Churn ‘n pound and Gummi dance: Churn ‘n pound program is by grinding jaggary and milk in a pound with a sugarcane stem – the reflection of emergence of Amritha from Thirupar kadal (Ksheera Sagara Madanam ) when churned by Devathas and Asuras. The arrangement in the hall decorated with serial lights to the mini stage with the Lord Krishna and Tulasi Matha was so pleasant. This was done collectively by the working committee members with Mathaji and Swami Bhaktha Vrathananda and drops of such churned milk were sprinkled over the members that indicate longer heavenly life after our demise. Then they performed the gummi dance with ten pradakshanas in a professional way. This was followed by all devotees who then received the Tualsi theertham, churned milk, pooja flowers, Sindhuram and prasadam from the committee members.
Conclusion: This colourful devine Vaibhav ended peacefully and every one carried with them all the blessings offered by Lord Krishna, Tulasi Matha and our Global friend- Lord Hanuman. All these are possible because of intensive planning, able execution by Sanjeevini Peetam under the potential guidance of the founder- Mathaji.
P. Venkatesan (Retd) UGC Professor – 94441 03752
Master of Ceremony
Tulasi Damodara Kalyanam 4-11-2014
Kartika Poornima – Thulasi Matha Birthday 17-11-2013
Karthika Poornima – Akasa Deepa Pooja 6-11-2014
Tulasi Damodara Kalyana Committee Members get together function & Best volunteer Award distribution @ Mathaji’s House.
Best volunteer : 1. K. B. Vijaya kumar, 2. Jaya Shekar 3. Rajesh.
Vigna Vinasana pooja to Hanuman- Before Tulasi Kalyanam ( 12-10-2014)
krithika star is an auspicious day which was on 12/10/2014 (Sunday), we went to Erikatha Anjaneyar Sannidhi, Kanchipuram to invite Him and recieved the blessings to conduct Tulasi Damodhar Kalyanam succesfully on 4-11-2014.
Yours Hanuman Mathaji……
More Photos Click Here
Tulasi kalyana Vaibhav plan & Gummi Dance Practice session 21-9-2014
Tulasi kalyana Vaibhav plan
Under the presidency of Mathaji, the steering committee met on Sunday, the 21st September 2014 at 6 pm and has drawn the action plan for the eve of Tulasi Kalyana Vaibhav.
Mr. Janakiram was nominated as the organizer, who will sum up the minute to minute event plan by tomorrow evening.
Mathaji requested everyone to wear the Kankan on 24th October that keeps away all evils from us and orient us in deep thought of Tulasi Matha and the rarest of rare event to be celebrated on 4th November 2014 in a grandeaour way at Infosys hall. If not possible, the Kankan can be worn on any day after 24th October .
Kala master (Mrs. Bhargavi) trained us for the Gummi dance which is the final event on the eve with minimal movements to suit even the elders.
Please track the messages from the organizer every day to update oneself the plans and preparations.
Hari hi Om
Master of Ceremony
Tulasi Damodara Kalyanam 4-11-2014.
On the occasion of Tulasi Kalyanam, Mathaji nuturing Tulasi plants for past 2 months in their house and shop for samuhika Tulasi Pooja on Ksheeerabdhi Dwadasi day (4-11-2014).
KSHEERABDI DWADASI (English & Telugu )
Ksheerabdi Dwadasi is an auspicious day in the month of Karthik, also called as Chiluka Dwadasi, Yogeeswara Dwadasi ,HariBodhini Dwadasi. It falls on 12th day of Karthik month.Lord Vishnu sleeps on Ashada Shudda Ekadasi, after four months of cosmic sleep he wakes up, this day is well known as Uthana Ekadasi which falls before the day of Ksheerabdi Dwadasi. So Ksheerabdi Dwadasi is considered as a special day.
On this day Tulasi & Indian gooseberry (amla) plants are worshipped. Like Diwali, Goddess LakshmiDevi is worshipped with coins. It is believed that Lord Vishnu along with Goddess LakshmiDevi & Lord Brahma reaches Brindhavan. Therefore who ever performs pooja to Lord Vishnu on this day with whole hearted dedication & bakthi will be blessed with good health, wealth and prosperous life.
During Ksheera Sagara Mathanam(churning of milk ocean),many things erupts out such as Kamadhenu (cow), Kalpa vriksham, Iravatham (White elephant) ,Amrutam(nector) and A woman appeared . This woman is none other than Goddess Lakshmi. Lord Vishnu married Goddess Lakshmi on this day which makes it an auspicious day.
In Karthik month, lighting lamps (diyas) is considered as tradition. There is a significance to light lamps on Dwadasi, Chathurdasi & Pournami days. The lighting of lamps on this day itself gives infinite punyam (virtue) to everyone.
So, performing pooja to the Tulasi plant on this day is a very pure, divine good deed.This is a good opportunity for us to earn punyam and utilise our human birth correctly. Perform this pooja wholeheartedly, see and receive its essential benefits.
With constant thinking about Hanuman
Ksheerabdhi Dwadasi 2014 – Churn ‘n Pound
On a particular context during the war between Devathas and Danavas, it happenend that they ought to churn the ocean of milk with Adisesha as a churner.We are much aware of the happenings during that event. Based on the above incident, we have to pound the mixture of sacred cow milk and jaggery with the help of sugarcane on that auspicious day. While churning,
droplets of the mixture will spill out. We have to bow ourselves to make the droplets to spill on our head. It is definite that such droplets that shower on our head, lead us to acquire heavenly birth and prosperous life.
“Words From Sasthras” known as Churn ‘n pound.
Since our ancestors are following such traditional and cultural events, our Hindu culture is still progressive. One need not worry that there is an exhaustion in our Hindu religion. If one practices Bhagvad Gita, there will be spontaneous transformation in religion and nation when our traditions are followed according to the present Yuga or Time.
“Religion means Sathvik Guna”. All our tradition and culture are very much
fascinated to foreigners who follow and attain eternal happiness.
Salutations to the followers of our Hindu traditional culture.
Yours Hanuman Mathaji….
Working Comittee Meeting will be held on 13-9-2014
(Saturday) 6.30 pm in Sanjeevini Peetam.
As before every year Sanjeevini Peetam conducting Ksheerabdhi Dwadasi pooja. So many years after, we decided to perform Tulasi Kalyanam in chennai. Peetam heartly welcomes the Devotees to
unite, do Seva (Service)and participate in Tulasi Damodara Kalyanam along with us. Those who are participating in Samoohika Tulasi Kalyanam pooja, Offerings, Time, Venue, Prasadam etc., details will be informed shortly.
Yours Hanuman Mathaji…
* Any person who takes bath regularly in Brahmi Muhurtham I.e( 4 a.m to 6 a.m) and on Ksheerabdhi Dwadasi day, they recieves the entire benefit of having bath in Punya Kshethras. Jai bajarangabali
Yours Hanuman Mathaji….
Lord Maha Vishnu wakes up from his bed on ksheerabdhi Dwadasi day, and comes to Brindavanam with Brahma and other Gods . So one who performs Pooja with dedication in Brindavanam on that day, they recieve good health and wealth as said in Puranas.
Yours Hanuman Mathaji.
If anyone cooks food and serves wholeheartedly with spiritual mind to an hungry person what he desires on Ksheerabdhi Dwadasi day, the Punyam which recieved is equal to providing Anna Danam to one crore persons near the banks of Holy Ganga river. (The right person to do Anna Danam is the hungry person. – Hanuman Mathaji
* One can recieve lots of punyam by just lightning a lamp near Tulasi Matha pot on the auspicious day of Ksheerabdhi Dwadasi.